Want to join the ReDefiners teaching team?
teach with us!
Part-Time Language Teacher
Purpose of Position
Teach language and cultural enrichment classes for young learners in one of many programs. We are looking to build a team of passionate and highly motivated individuals who can lead small classes young learners (PreK-5th grade) in interactive 1-hour enrichment classes in the following languages: Arabic, Mandarin and Spanish. Schedule is flexible, pay rate makes great additional income, choose your location and hours. All teachers will work on-site at schools, homes and organizations we contract with to provide language and cultural enrichment classes. Teachers have the flexibility to bring their unique skills and materials to their classes within the framework of our program-wide standard curriculum.
- Hillsborough County and Pasco County
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and prepare dynamic, student-centered lessons
- Facilitate interactive and engaging class sessions in target language (80%)
- Administer formative and summative assessments
- Encourage language use outside of class
- Communicate student progress with parents and teachers
- Demonstrate effective classroom management skills
- Commit to regular training and professional development
Length of Appointment
Teachers are contracted based upon program sessions with the option of renewing for additional sessions.
Teachers must be available to facilitate classes during regular class sessions. Sessions range from 1x per week to 5x per week over the course of 4-weeks and up to an entire school year.
- Teacher training
- Curriculum guidance
- General support
- Team Atmosphere
- Native or Highly Proficient Speaker of Arabic, Mandarin or Spanish
- Native or Highly Proficient Speaker of English
- At least 1-year experience teaching elementary students
- Bachelors in Education or related field
- Highly organized
- Able to express and garner enthusiasm about language learning to young children
- Highly energetic
- Familiar with Student-Centered Approach to language teaching
- Able to work well independently
- Able to motivate young learners
- Comfortable using google docs and online platforms for collaboration
- Flexible schedule
- Pay rate $20-35 per hour
- Resume building opportunity
- Supply reimbursement
- Additional managerial employment opportunities